Course code: #0317X03FWO
These are mandatory and all come with course.
The two-year Electrical Engineering Technician Ontario College Diploma program at Algonquin College provides you with the essential knowledge and skills sought by employers in the industry.
Develop skills in the design, installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems from cable loops, and phone and fire suppression systems to robotics and machinery.
Through a series of theory courses and extensive practical labs, you learn to use scientific and engineering principles, including:
Students also have the option to gain real-world experience through a paid co-operative education (co-op) work term.
Please note that places in the co-op version of the program are subject to availability. Students who elect to apply to the non-co-op version of the program may not have the opportunity to transfer to the co-op version at a later date.
OACETT (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists) recognizes this program as meeting the academic requirements for certification in the Certified Technician (C.Tech) category.
While a student, you are encouraged to register as an Associate member of OACETT.
Graduates of the Electrical Engineering Technician program may pursue the
Electrical Engineering Technology Ontario College Advanced Diploma
to further open career options in the electrical engineering field.
|Cost of living||1 person||$7,404|
|Accommodation||1 bed room||$13,650|
Duolingo: Overall 105 (minimums of 105 Literacy, 85 Production)
Algonquin's EAP Program
Level 6 with
a grade of B in all core courses
Applicants with Grade 12 (MAP4C with a grade of 60% or higher) or Grade 11 (MCF3M with a grade of 50% or higher) will be required to take additional preparatory mathematics as part of their program of study.
1. Diplom-Metevaseth/National High School Diploma with a minimum grade of 12 in required program subjects.
• Include transcripts for any post-secondary courses or programs completed
• One of the following:
1. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) or ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) – Higher Secondary Certificate – An overall aggregate of 60%, with AC program core subjects (as per program page) at 55% min. and no grade below 50%
2. Or Punjab, Haryana, and Gujarat State Boards – Higher Secondary Certificate – An overall aggregate of 65%, with AC program core subjects (as per program page) at 60% min. and no grade below 50%
3. Or all other State Boards – Higher Secondary transcripts – An overall aggregate of 60%, with AC program core subjects (as per program page) at 55% min. and no grade below 50%
• English Proficiency requirements are as follows for consideration:
1. Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.0 (with no single test score below 6.0)
One of the following:
Related courses in univly