|Term start& deadline||Deadline|
The M.Mus. Performance; Jazz program is flexibly designed to offer specialization in Jazz Composition, Jazz Performance, or Jazz Orchestra. All students take courses in jazz pedagogy, composition, and arranging. A recital and a recording of original music are the principal thesis requirements.
Students admitted to the M.Mus. Performance; Jazz program who have undergraduate degrees other than the B.Mus. in Performance Jazz from McGill University, may be required to successfully complete one or more undergraduate courses before completion of the Master’s degree.
|Cost of living||1 person||$6,912|
|Accommodation||1 bed room||$10,413|
2. Two letters of recommendation
3. Personal statement
4. Curriculum Vitae (CV)
5. Your supervisor or teacher preference (optional).
6. Proof of English language proficiency, if required.
7. A list of 25-30 standard jazz tunes from your performing repertoire. Upload it to Jazz Tunes Listing in the application (PDF format, maximum size
8. Two or three original compositions
10. Screening material: You must submit screening material if you want to attend a live audition (even if you are currently a McGill student).
Prepare required repertoire.
11. Recorded video audition (only if you cannot attend an on-campus audition or if you are applying for a Joint Canada Graduate Scholarship CGS).
An undergraduate degree or diploma in music performance, or its equivalent, from a university recognized by McGill. A cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of at least 3.0 out of a possible 4.0, or a grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 out of 4.0 in your last two years of full-time studies.
Related courses in univly