Algonquin College is located in Ottawa, Canada’s vibrant, metropolitan and multicultural capital city. The College proudly nurtures a friendly, student-oriented atmosphere.
Students come to Algonquin College from around the world to study English, take second and third-year courses within their area of specialization, and pursue customized skills upgrading and training programs.
International students experience the Canadian approach to an applied education by studying, working and collaborating with Algonquin College students and faculty in learning, teaching and research.
Algonquin College is internationally recognized for:
- Diverse areas of studies that answer the needs of today’s employment market.
- A focus on applied studies allows students to gain applied skills as well as practical experience.
- A student-centred approach that promotes success through hands-on, experiential teaching, comprehensive resources, diverse support services, and dedicated faculty and staff.
- Modern facilities and strategic partnerships ensure students have access to the quality education and skills training required for a rewarding career.
- 200 bachelor degrees, postgraduate, diploma and certificate programs
- Education that combines theory and practice through hands-on applied learning, team projects and lab work
- A wireless campus
- Use of Mobile Learning Technologies: 90% of programs are now mobile: students need to have a mobile computing device
- Most programs have switched from printed books to e-Texts (lifetime access on your mobile computing device)
- English language training in an academic environment